Zenitel offers a digital radio system with island coverage. This ChuChubi system is a digital radio system especially developed for professionals who have to rely on their communication equipment. The redundant network is designed and built to operate under heavy conditions (during power failures, storms, flooding and extreme high usage).
In the ChuChubi Trunking System the problems and short comings of analog systems are solved. ChuChubi radios are designed for professional heavy usage.
Advantages of the ChuChubi Trunking System over traditional analog systems:
- improved sound quality
- better battery and more efficient energy usage (longer operational time)
- more channels / talk groups per customer available; no extra frequencies needed
- every radio has unique ID: display shows caller ID or name
- send and receive text messages, emails
- emergency calls, private calls, group calls and broadcast calls
- build in GPS for Tracking an Tracing
- kill and revive
- link radios to the telephone switch
- no scanners available for consumers (no eavesdropping)
The ChuChubi network has repeater sites on several key locations on all islands. The radios work in Trunking Mode, which means that all radios can contact each other anywhere on the island. The network is redundant and has its own backup power supplies. The sites are connected in a redundant microwave ring, leaving the network work independently and 100% managed by Zenitel. Zenital offers 24/7 support for all equipment and the network is constantly monitored to prevent outages.