West of Duddon Sands Wind Farm choose Vingtor-Stentofon for Intercom, Public Address and SIP Telephony
Vingtor-Stentofon will provide Public Address and Intercom solution for the renewable energy project West of Duddon Sands Wind Farm.
SAIT Zenitel is subcontractor for Siemens in this project and will deliver the Vingtor-Stentofon equipment. The key elements are Intercom, Public Address, Evacuation signaling and SIP telephony. The Vingtor-Stentofon Alphacom server was chosen for OPC integration with the Siemens MM8000 building management server.
The Vingtor-Stentofon part of the system will provide the platform with the following key functions.
Public Address key functions
- Easy paging from master stations.
- Easy paging from telephones (on- and off-shore).
- Automatic playback of pre-recorded messages (e.g. "Lights will be shut off in 10 minutes"…).
- Playback of evacuation and alarm signals, initiated from : SCADA (I/O), Siemens (OPC), Master Stations.
Intercom key functions
- Voice contact between public room and cable deck.
- Contact with on-shore control room through SIP.
- Receiving telephone calls from on-shore control room.
About the Wind farm
The West of Duddon Sands Wind Farm will deliver clean renewable energy for more than 300,000 UK households. The West of Duddon Sands Offshore Wind Farm will comprise 108 wind turbines with a total installed capacity of 389MW and ensure clean renewable energy for more than 300,000 UK households.
Visit DONG Energy for more information about the wind farm and the ongoing project.
About the delivery
- Siemens Building and Security is subcontractor for security and fire alarm
- SAIT Zenitel is subcontractor for Siemens for Intercom, Public Address, Evacuation signaling, SIP telephony.
- Vingtor-Stentofon was chosen for the OPC integration with the Siemens MM8000 building management server. The main functionality of the system is Public Address and Intercom.