What is SIP
The SIP standard allows you to connect equipment from different manufacturers, and gives you a number of benefits such as:
- Easier to reach – regardless of the type of communication system in use
- Enable faster response – as more people are connected
- More type of communication terminals can be interconnected
- Optimized communication infrastructure by minimizing server hardware
- Improved user experience – due to the seamless integration (number plan, number and name presentation)
There is today a wide range of SIP enabled equipment in the market ranging from IP telephones, DECT telephones, WiFi telephones, telephone gateways and iPBXs.
Vingtor-Stentofon AlphaCom E was the first intercom system in the world supporting SIP. The SIP interface was implemented and introduced in 2005. Over the last years AlphaCom E has been adapted and has proven interoperability with a wide range of SIP equipment. As a result of our efforts in the field of Unified Communications our IP-stations are available in SIP mode and can be connected to any iPBX.