You are here
Rail – Infrastructure
Zenitel offers Vingtor-Stentofon integrated audio communication solutions across all rail segments such as Rolling Stock, Main Hall, Platform, Tracks & Control Center.
We have over 70 years of experience in delivering commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) end devices for Public Address and Intercom Solutions.
Full compliance with open standard protocols such as SIP and SNMP enables effortless integration of our audio solutions with other subsystems such as PIS, Intercom, CCTV, GSM-R, etc.
With our communication solutions, you have the technology that lets your staff respond quickly and efficiently to incidents in real-time, thereby helping to elevate the security of staff and infrastructure at all times.
"Integrator's Choice" in making turn-key solutions
An example of being “integrator’s choice” is our new Exigo Public Address system, designed according EN 54-16. Being a native IP system, the competitive advantage is networking over long distances, like the ones found in Rail & Metro, without loss of any functionality, using standard layer 3 and 4 protocol switches in the multi-service network.
Being native IP also means that virtually any internal part of the system can be fully monitored at all times. We have been able to reduce the amount of hardware by replacing all unnecessary parts by software, hence decreasing the chance of hardware failure while enabling your customers to keep spare part stock levels at a minimum. The reason for still keeping a hardware controller in the system is in consideration to the EN 54 / NFPA 72 requirements for public address / voice evacuation.
While keeping hardware parts at a minimum, the system is able to cover requirements ranging from independent PA systems to fully integrated solutions with no limitations on system size or geographical distribution. Our systems support open integration standards like SIP, SNMP, SMPT, NTP, Syslog, G.722 and much more. We offer easy to use APIs/SDKs and OPC in order to make the job of the integrator as easy as possible.
Solid performer, solid standing
Zenitel Group, the owner of the Vingtor-Stentofon brand, has a solid financial standing. Since we act as a product manufacturer/sub-supplier to companies offering the complete telecommunication & security integration package, this financial strength is important, considering the size and duration of complete new-build projects within Rail & Metro.
Still, we are a flexible company, able to take on upgrade projects, which is often done gradually, combining our modern systems with existing components. Sometimes this requires us to cooperate with specialized Passenger Information System (PIS) partners in order to make the new and old system into one.
Vingtor-Stentofon has 45 years of Public Address experience and has specialized in Emergency Call Points since 1945. Today our portfolio is focused on state-of-the art VoIP solutions, but we always go to great lengths to make sure our latest developments are backwards compatible. This, together with our continuity in the market, ensures the protection of our customers’ investments.
Our most popular solutions for stationary installation are as follows:
- Vingtor-Stentofon Exigo: IP Public Address System (PA) for stations offering unlimited networking capabilities. Suitable as stand-alone or for those who want to integrate to a complete passenger information system (CIS/PIS). Standard SDK/API offered.
- Vingtor-Stentofon Turbine: IP Emergency Call Points (ECP) offering crystal clear audio with ambient noise cancelling feature, open duplex, automatic volume control and automatic gain control, and official SIP compliance with Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco and Avaya + many more. We also offer our own redundant (warm-standby) Operational Telephony Server - STENTOFON AlphaCom. We also offer EN 50155 compliant SIP ECPs for on-board rolling stock, as well as ECP modules for lifts and Blue Light Stations (BLS).
- PA & ECP integration with Digital Radio (e.g. TETRA): This means you can make local PA announcements from the radio at the scene and receive PA announcements on the radio. As a Motorola Application partner, we are Motorola specialists.
IP Public Address System customized for Rail - Infrastructure
Integration should be as easy as possible - that is why we offer application programming interfaces (API) and software development kits (SDK). Our systems support open integration standards such as SIP, SNMP, SMPT, NTP, Syslog, G.722 and much more. Exigo’s native IP enables unlimited networking capabilities.
Using Class D amplifiers and other power saving means, we have a 85% power input to output ratio – something we are proud of. This is reducing the need for cooling and reduces a systems environmental impact.
As our Exigo system is also used in the offshore oil & gas segment, it is certified and tested beyond the rail & metro specific requirements.
Features developed for Rail - Infrastructure
- Controller/control room redundancy option
- Fallback/redundancy paging panels for direct access to the controller in case of workstation falling out
- Fallback/redundancy amplifiers. One amplifier can act as standby for up to 6 other amplifiers
- Easy to use API/SDK for Passenger Information System (PIS) integration – enabling automatic PA announcements based on train location and other input
- Redundant network interfaces
- Ring coupling of amplifiers featuring built-in switch, supporting RSTP, for easy installation and redundancy
- Custom workstation GUI for manual announcements if not supported by the PIS system GUI
- Automatic volume adjustment per PA zone or amplifier channel
- Supports text-to-speech implementation (Nuance or Acapela third-party technology)
- IP loudspeakers for fully individually monitored speakers or cost effective smaller zones like tram stops, elevators, offices or even on-board solutions with announcement made from the OCC (suitable for driverless trains - on request)
- Local PA announcement option (from stations etc.)
- IP over 2-wire solution for retrofit using existing cabling (up to 1 km reach compared to Ethernet 100m limitation)
- IP to analog audio converter with I/O’s for integrating existing amplifiers (less monitoring than native IP)
- Digital radio integrations with digital radio systems, like TETRA, through SIP protocol. Make local PA announcements from the radio - at the scene! Receive PA announcements on the radio. As a Motorola partner, VINGTOR are also Motorola specialists.