Sound Reception main display unit
Ensure safety of your crew and passengers with state-of-the-art Zenitel 8300 MkII Sound Reception System. It is designed to receive and detect foghorn sounds from other vessels and reproduce them inside the bridge.
This solution is an effective acoustic electronic navigational aid system built to support the look-out function as required by the Convention on the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea, 1972 (COLREGS).
Sound reception system
This digital navigational aid solution is suitable for both fore and aft bridge mounting. We equipped the 8300 MkII with a powerful integrated wide-range loudspeaker reproducing detected signals inside the bridge. The main system’s unit is connected to an omnidirectional microphone/antenna unit mounted outside the vessel. It reproduces and amplifies incoming sounds from all directions and indicates the approximate direction of the nearby vessel.
Equipped with high-capacity microcontrollers and sophisticated software algorithms, the 8300 MkII Sound Reception System has excellent performance for noise suppression and direction detection.
- Built in accordance with all international rules and regulations for maritime navigational aids.
- Receives and detects foghorn sounds in the range from 70 to 2100 Hz from all directions.
- Mutes when the vessel's foghorn or whistle is used to prevent signal detection overload.
- Can be installed on both closed bridge class ships and vessels without fully enclosed bridges.
- Superior performance, easy installation, and self-calibrating functionality.