IP and SIP Intercom
You are here
Voice Activity Detection
Voice Activity Detection samples the audio level from the microphone located in the IP Station. If the sampled amplitude is continuously above a trigger level for a set duration an alarm or an action can be triggered.
Voice Activity Detection is a feature suitable for many different environments.
- Trespassing - Alert security guards by monitoring the surrounding security fence.
- Door entrance - Automatically play a welcome message.
- Camera - Trigger and tilt a camera to a specific area by monitoring surronding noise level.
By configuring some parameters in the IP-station web interface it is possible to set up the operation to exactly suit the environment in which it is located:
- Minimum amplitude (dBA) - Choose the trigger amplitude
- Minimum duration of audio (ms) - Choose for how long the sampled amplitude must be above the “Trigger ampltiude” before triggering an alarm or action
- Alarm or action to activate - The station simulates pressing a so called Direct Access Key, the actual action to be taken is programmed in the AlphaCom audio server
- VAD status - Choose whether to enable or disable VAD.